Bringing up the past has been a horrible experience. Things are getting better again, so I thought I've forgiven and forgotten, but reliving the betrayal... the deceit... has been nothing short of gut wrenchingly painful. It's tearing me apart all over again. It was a mistake to rewatch Game of Thrones from season one.
Friday, June 10, 2016
Tuesday, June 7, 2016
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
· 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), seeded and thinly sliced
· 3 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
· 1/2 – 1 chilli pepper (or to taste), stemmed, sliced in half and deseeded, finely diced/minced
· 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
· 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1 teaspoon paprika, smoked or sweet
· 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
· 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed, or 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
· 2 14-ounce cans of diced or crushed tomatoes (plum tomatoes)
· 2 tablespoons tomato paste
· 2 teaspoons honey or 4 teaspoons brown sugar
· 1 teaspoon red wine or cider vinegar
· 1 cup (20g) loosely packed greens, such as radish greens, watercress, kale, Swiss chard, or spinach, coarsely chopped
· Chopped cilantro
· 4 ounces (about 1 cup, 115g) feta cheese
· 4 to 6 eggs
1. In a wide skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and red capsicum and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook until golden. Add the chilli pepper, the salt, pepper, and spices. Cook for a minute, stirring constantly.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, honey, and vinegar, reduce the heat to medium, until the sauce has thickened somewhat but is still loose enough so that when you shake the pan it sloshes around (12-15 minutes). Stir in the chopped greens.
3. Add the cubes of feta into the tomato sauce. Crack an egg ontop of the sauce.
4. Lower the heat so the sauce is at a gentle simmer, and cook for about 10 minutes, taking some of the tomato sauce and basting the egg whites from time-to-time. Cover, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
5. Sprinkle generous amount of chopped cilantro over the top before serving. Serve with lots of crusty bread for scraping up the sauce.